[oletrucks] Radiator advice

To: truck <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Radiator advice
From: Bob Chansler <bobchansler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
I am installing a small block in my 49 burb and need advice on a radiator. I
have a fairly new original that I could use, but am not sure it will cool a
V8. I also need cooling for the tranny. I only have 2.5 inches of clearance to
the engine so I think I need a pusher electric fan in front of the radiator. I
dont have air conditioning yet but may add it some day.  Ok, this leads to
many questions:
1. Will the original radiator be adequate to cool a small
block?
2. If I put a pusher fan in front of the radiator, and I cut out the
cross braces, will the radiator support be ok without the cross braces?
3.
Will a add on remote cooloer be ok for the tranny?
4. If I replace all this
with after market stuff, who makes a good radiator to support a small block
with  a tranny cooler and an electric fan?
Thanks,
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO