[oletrucks] door and door hinge advice

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] door and door hinge advice
From: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:12:01 -0500
I am now starting to work on my doors. I am putting a 24" skin on one
door and I hope I can work the other door with some patches and a little
bondo. I have a few questions about the doors and hinges.
The bottom of one of the doors was eaten away and the other door is bent
on the bottom lip. One question I have is this. Are there any
measurements I can go by to place the skin the right distance. In other
words, how tall should the door be? I thought about hanging the door,
getting all the gaps as good as I can get them, and set the skin on the
bottom of the door that way. If someone knows of a better way, please
let me know.
Also, is it better to rebuild the hinges or get new/remanufactured
hinges? Who has the best hinges? One more question, does the hinge with
the spring go on the top or the bottom? I had them marked when I took
them off, but somehow after getting blasted and primed the markings got
gone.
I think it would make since fix the doors and hang them before fitting
the fenders and inner fenders.
Anyway, any advice on this is appreciated.

                Tom in SC
                55 2nd