RE: [oletrucks] testing 58 gauges

To: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, old-chevy-truck
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] testing 58 gauges
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:19:58 +0000
"gas gauge: i put 12 v to the hot side and grounded the wire going to the fuel
sending unit.
it goes to full as it should, if i am correct on the proceedure."

Wrong answer.  12v to the hot side, case to ground (this is important);
   ground wire going to sending unit should = empty
   no connect wire going to sending unit should = full.