[oletrucks] RE: speedo

To: No Reply <notify-dg-old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, Old Chevy
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: speedo
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:57:41 -0600
Sorry Tom in N.J., but I disagree.

I have not had any problems with Jim Carter.  Sure there have been a few
errors in some orders but they were quickly corrected and they picked up the
return charges too!  JC is OK in my book.

The place that needs to be listed first in bold & underlined is Classic Auto
Parts in Oklahoma City.  If you have a messed up order with them, you have to
call them on your dime and be put on hold for ever and still never get the
shorted part.  They will let you call their toll free number to order but you
can't use that number for order problems.  Their initials are CLAP too and I
hear that not many people really want that either.

So be warned that Classic Auto Parts in O.K.C., OK. is the spawn of the devil!
(and probably headquarted in Texas)

And Jon in Jef city MO - Have you tried jacking up the rear end and running
the Pcup in reverse?  That might be the cheap and easy fix here.

Durwood 51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window 52 Burb54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5
window

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:00:17 +0000From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.comTo:
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.comSubject: [old-chevy-truck] Digest Number 3595

Dedicated to the preservation and restoration of stock 1941-1959 Chevy and GMC
trucks.  KEEP IT STOCK!

Messages In This Digest

2a.
Re: speedo From: Wu5clan@aol.com

View All Topics | Create New Topic
Messages

2a.

Re: speedo
Posted by: "Wu5clan@aol.com" Wu5clan@aol.com
Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:09 pm (PDT)
Can I add JimCarter to the black list.No longer deal with them.I've had a lot
of problems with them in the past.Just mt 2cents.Tom in N.J.-----Original
Message-----From: James Tye <jimandtess@sbcglobal.net>To:
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.comSent: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 9:36 pmSubject: Re:
[old-chevy-truck] speedoc'mon don't be afraid to name names. Williamson in
Arkansas did unstisfactory work for me, took all summer and the gas gauge was
6 volt and they said it was 12. Let's get up a black list and a white list.
Looks like we have two for the blacklist and I need a chrome plater off the
whitelist."john.millbery" <john.millbery@yahoo.com> wrote: I sent my speedo of
to an outfit in SC just over a year ago, theyquoted me $180-00 + pp on the
phone before I sent it, then rang andsaid the fingys where broke so it would
be extra . The finale billcame to $250,When I got it back it looked like a new
one so i wasn't that botheredAfter renewing the master cylinder , and rear
wheel cylinders and newrear linings on the brake shoes I finally had my truck
ready for theState Inspection , with 11 miles on the odometer I took of for
itsinspection And it Past !!!!! After clocking up 99-9 the odometer isstuck on
99-9 wont change over to 100... when i checked the bill forthe email addy i
notict the warranty had run out a wk before I've-mailed this outfit twice with
no reply , Yer it was over a year thatthey fixed it but its only done 100
milesany one know if this is an easy fix , is the a web site I could get
adiagram for itThanksJohnJef City MO52 3/4 ton chevy

Recent Activity

 3
New MembersVisit Your Group

Health Zone
Look your best!
Groups to help you
look & feel great.

Curves on Yahoo!
A group for women
to share & discuss
food & weight loss.

Yahoo! Groups
Find balance
between nutrition,
activity & well-being.

Need to Reply?
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily
Digest.
Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject,
no body, just the email), to:  old-chevy-truck-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email:
Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group