rolls-bentley

'79 Silver Shadow

To: rolls-bentley@autox.team.net
Subject: '79 Silver Shadow
From: Francois Davel <fdavel@senninger.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:40:57 +0200
Brent and others on the list,

Thanks for the comments that you made, this list is VERY quiet and the
last couple submissions have been very interesting to me here in South
Africa where it is my dream to own a car like this. I have had some good
inputs from Richard Shears in the UK but another perspective would always
be good.

I am in looking out for a car at the moment and understand that the
the dealer here is looking out for just such a car, but I would like to
know the following:

1) How practical is it as a family car a trip of about 4000 km per year
and then about 10000 km doing other things ?

2) Are they very expensive to run day to day (in monthly terms) fro
example $ 200  or $ 500 per month ? What do the do on fuel ?

3) I have heard that the hydraulics (as you pointed out), and rust on the
door sills are the things to look for,  anything else ?

4) Are they increasing in value or are they just stable, there were a
limited amount built I have a figure of about +/-  8500 units ?

Thanks, hopefully this will give the list something to talk about for a
short while.

Cheers from sunny South Africa

Francois