rolls-bentley

RE: mailing list

To: "'Joseph S. Barrera III'" <joe@barrera.org>, abb@uswest.net
From: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:51:55 -0600
As Ric noted, there is significant traffic about Rolls-Royces and Bentleys
through the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club lists.  In fact, there was enough
traffic to split the lists between general discussions and a technical list.
There is seldom a day that goes by without multiple messages on each list.
For example, today a new member posted a long list of questions about his
"new"
1988 Silver Spur. There have already been responses posted today about his
questions.

You can easily participate if you are a member of the RROC.  The dues are
$50 per year ($75 for first year) and can be easily justified as an owner of
a Rolls-Royce or Bentley because of the access to technical information and
experts of the club.  The RROC also has regional and national meets so you
can see other cars and learn more about your car.  This year, the national
meet will be in Lexington, KY (last year in California), and we expect
200-400 cars.  At a national meet, you can see other cars and talk with the
experts about your car.

I joined the RROC when I purchased by first Rolls, a 1930 20/25 limo, and
have been a member ever since (over 25 years).  The club, and particularly
the experts within the club, are a non-stop resource of information about
these cars.  Since I am in the process of restoring another 20/25 at this
time, I regularly call on others in the club who have the information or
sources that I need to finish my project, and to get it right the first
time.

The club dues includes a bimonthly publication that is focused exclusively
on Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars.  It includes technical articles,
advertising related to these cars, and information and reviews about related
books and events.  The club also has an excellent store with many technical
publications on many of the models.  I have seen some of the technical
manuals available through the club store sell for many times the cost to
club members through the store on sites like Ebay.  Recently, a Silver
Shadow workshop manual sold more about $425 more on Ebay than it could have
been purchased for new from the RROC club shop.  At that rate, it doesn't
take long to pay for your club dues.

You can find more information about joining the RROC at:

http://www.rroc.org/memapp.htm

---
Gil Fuqua, Jr.
Corporate Communications, Inc.