rolls-bentley

LA BRITISH CAR MEET 2001

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: LA BRITISH CAR MEET 2001
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Southern California Listers,

There have been many little changes in the way events are being handled
here in Los Angeles and this is going to translate into some BIG changes in
the Greater Los Angeles British Car Meet this year and from now on.  To
start with:

* The traditional October 14th meet has been postponed until DECEMBER 2nd,
2001! This is partially because of some scheduling problems but also
because the Moss Motors/Santa Monica Museum of Flying event moved from
spring to October. This combined with San Diego British Car Day, Triumphest
and a million other car meets in September and October has led  us to
rethink what we are doing and if there is a need for yet another meet at
the same time of year. The December date was a last minute idea that had
mixed reviews at first but has caught on as it will be one of but a few car
events at the end of the year. There is less than an 18% chance of rain and
few clubs have any events to participate in for December so we will see how
it works.

* We will be adding a swap meet to the December 2nd meet to see how it
works. Spaces will be $25 each and there will probably be a preregistration
for the swap area as we will need to have some idea of how much room we
will need - We will keep you posted!

* Regardless of the success of the December meet, we are planing to move
the regular LA British Car Meet into early spring, 2002. This will fill a
dead spot on the SoCal British Car calender and get people into dusting off
and driving their British classics earlier in the year.

We thank you for supporting our efforts and hope these changes are good for
everyone in the SoCal area.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

THE GREATER LOS ANGELES BRITISH CAR MEET
       WOODLEY PARK IN VAN NUYS
      SUNDAY,  DECEMBER 2nd, 2001

Be part of the biggest all British automotive
lawn event in Southern California. Over 400
classic, quirky and thoroughly lovable British
cars are expected to fill the field at Woodley
Park in Van Nuys, for the 20th Annual Greater
Los Angeles British Car Meet.

Don't have a show car?  Don't worry!  Daily
drivers, vintage racers, street rods & works-
in-progress are as welcome as Concours quality
show cars.  Great British food, live jazz,
vendors and more fun than you'll be able to
stand!  People's Choice awards will be given
in six classes.  There is no preregistration.
Cars will be placed on the field starting at
9:00AM and the fun goes on all day long. the
registration fee is $20 per car at the gate.
All participants receive a commemorative gift.
Spectators park and attend free.

Woodley Park is located in Van Nuys, just north
of the Ventura Freeway (101), on Woodley Ave.
between Burbank and Victory.  From the San Diego
Freeway (405), take the Burbank Blvd. exit west,
drive to Woodley Ave. and turn right.  Look for
the entrance to the right. For information call:
310-392-6605 or email us at: rfeibusch@loop.com

///
///  rolls-bentley@autox.team.net mailing list