welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: welders
From: lowell@express.ca (Lowell Foo)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 06:21:12 -0800
>Mig welders: Any pros/cons with use of flux cored vs solid wire with co2?
>Looking at 155 amp Lincoln and 145 amp Schumacher welders.
>I have a 200 amp ac/dc Miller for stick welding heavy metal, need one
>for alum, ss, and sheetmetal.
>
>Any recommendations/horror stories on the above would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thx

Wouldn't TIG be better for what you want?  At my unions shop we've got a few
Migmaster MIG/TIG/stick machines that are very nice (and expensive, about
$4000cdn) to work with, can weld beer cans and just about anything else.
Once you get used to a nice machine and an autodarkening helmet, it's hard
to use 'old' stuff!