Re: more garage notes

To: fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more garage notes
From: cak@aratar.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 11:09:21 PST
         My compresser is a large "portable" connected to my air
        lines via large-diameter hose,

I've been wondering about this, too. My compressor is a 25 gallon
Craftsman, and all the fittings from the tank through the regulator to
the outlet are 3/8 at the most. Does it make sense to make all the
other fittings larger than this? I can understand wanting to
make the pipes big to extend the capacity of the tank - but how
much bigger should the fittings be? (I'm guessing that bigger
is better just from the aspect of reducing flow restriction, but
how much?)