Re: Compressor Maintenance (Was Re: benches)

To: SHOP-TALK@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor Maintenance (Was Re: benches)
From: Brian Kelley <bkelley@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 17:39:12 EST
I have one of the newer Sears compressors that is permanently lubed.  These
units feature a much smaller piston(s?) that operate at a higher rate.  The
pressure and flow rated don't seem to suffer as a result.

I'd say the noise is somewhat worse than a conventional design, but
that is pretty subjective.  It is about as large as you can go on 110
volts.  The sale price was quite reasonable.

I haven't had any problems with it in the two years I've owned it.
Anyone know much more about them?  I do wonder whether it will last as
long as a more conventional design in the same price range.

  Brian

--
bkelley@pms706.pms.ford.com