Re: Electrical ducting

To: drabik@solaris.mirc.gatech.edu, garyg@crl.com
Subject: Re: Electrical ducting
From: cak@aratar.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 17:23:25 PST
OK all you guys that run conduit along the ceiling with drops - how exactly
did you do it? 1/2" galvanized conduit with individual conductors
pulled to a junction box above every outlet, and wire nuts and extra
conductors going down to the box? Or did you use pre-stuffed BX (flexible
conduit)? Or much larger conduit for the horizontal? I keep coming
up with designs that have four or five circuits going horizontally along
the main wall (two 20 amp tool circuits, a compressor circuit that has
to be switched from the bench, a 20 amp circuit for the heater, plus
lights...) and am wondering how I'm going to keep that all straight,
much less form conduit and pull the conductors. I don't *think* I
can get away with a single neutral for all that, for example...

(For people who have their compressors on 220 and switch it, how do you
switch it? My local hardware store doesn't have anything that I recognize
as a 220V switch - can you just switch one branch?)