Re: Pipe bending

To: kimknapp@vail.net (Kim Knapp)
Subject: Re: Pipe bending
From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 09:24:14 -0500
At 09:13 PM 1/30/96 MST, you wrote:
>        Can the pipe benders, like the ones in Harbor Freight's catalog,
>bend both thick pipe for roll bars and thinner pipe for headers?
>                Kim

I don't know what the Harbor Freight benders look like but, I have a
Greenlee that I use for roll cages and it doesn't work too good on thinner
wall tubing it tends to crush it.  The Greenlee uses the 2 part setup where
you have a straight and a curged shoe, the curved shoe does the actual
bending the straight one keeps the tubing round.

I usually just buy mandrel bent tubing for headers and exhausts.