Parts washer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts washer
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 1996 11:03:00 +0000
-> nice side to this setup would be to put a drain plug into the
-> sink drain the use it to soak parts.

 A friend gave me a large enameled steel laundry sink for free a few
years ago when he remodeled.  I've seen others around for free or cheap.
Unfortunately, I never quite got enough round tuits to build a stand for
it, and wound up buying one of those 20-gallon Harbor Freight washers on
sale for $79.95.

 The HF unit is the generic blue and red Taiwan item most places sell.
It's sturdy enough, I guess.  The washer pump shoots a high pressure
stream that spatters everywhere.  I hardly ever used it, and when I
decided it would be more useful on my honing tank, it had quit working.

 Ideally, IMHO, a washer pump should have a large volume, low pressure
flow.  However, I've been getting along quite well with an assortment of
brushes and a plastic cup to douse parts with.