Oh screw it!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Oh screw it!
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@planet.eon.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 13:10:29 -0700
Technoids,

Every car I've stripped for parts in the last 15 years has added to my stock
of Posidriv screws. Unfortunately the last (ultra-anal correct) resto job,
my '69 Morris Cooper, has depleted my stock leaving only screws with
buggered heads from PO's who used Phillips screwdrivers :-(

I need to get a 'selection' of Posidriv screws for my new project car.
Several calls to "International Fastners - we got it all!", "Fastner World"
and the like brought the usual 'Duh?' from OG the counter guy. Seems in
spite of the fact that all British and 'Murikan cars used Posidriv (and some
plumbing fixtures, toys, etc. etc.) they cannot be had in the frozen arctic
wastelands of Alberta.

Does anyone, particularly in UK, know of a source of Posidriv screws?

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut     |Go in deeper, come out   *
*voice (403)466-6004 FAX (403)469-5098  |harder and come from     *
*Edmonton, Alberta, Canada              |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@planet.eon.net                  |like to race a Mini!     *
'69 Morris Cooper, "Hugo" ... sleeping ..... shhh!
'71 Leyland 1000, "Mr. Dressup" .... sleeping.....