Re: A Must Have new tool

To: Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Subject: Re: A Must Have new tool
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 11:26:24 PDT
>>>Phil Ethier said:
 > On Sun, 5 May 1996, Bill Sohl wrote:
 > > In rec.autos.antique, mikpod@aol.com (MIKPOD) wrote:
 > > >A Must Have new tool!!
 > > >http://www.iconn.net/rowemach
  >
 > Still don't know if this is a joke!

No, it loaded OK into my netscape.  THere are two tools advertised there.  The
first seems to be a handle with a 3/8 drive driving lug on one end.  I guess
you can put a socket on it and use it like a nutdriver.  I already have a 1/4
inch version -- an extension with a screwdriver-like handle that came with my
craftsman 1/4 inch socket set.

The second seems to be a similar gizmo but with a 3/8 drive hole too, so it
amounts to a very fat extension with a non-slip grip.

Frankly, it doesn't seem that wonderful to me, unless I'm missing some aspect.
 If it has a ratchet mechanisim inside, *that* would be interesting.  But as
it is I think I'll pass.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center