Looking for diagnostic instruments

To: racefab@pms703.pms.ford.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Looking for diagnostic instruments
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 15:04:12 -0700
I'm looking for a couple of (good used) diagnostic tools for my home
shop: a Sun distributor analyzer, and a four-gas exhaust analyzer.

The Sun (there may be other brands, too) is a gizmo that spins the
distributor and lets you check the advance curve, as well as set the
relationship between the points sets on a dual-points distributor.

I know that four-gas units tend to be very expensive - especially
these days because they're lumped in with the big computerized
Engine Analyzers that do timing and have a scope and all that. But
once upon a time, Snap-On made a little cart that had four analog
gauges, one for each of CO, CO2, O2 and HC. I'll bet there are some
out there looking for a new home...

Any leads appreciated.