Re: Garage floor cleaning

To: gaetanc@berclain.com
Subject: Re: Garage floor cleaning
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 96 12:42:55 MDT

>Hello!
>
>*Sorry* if this is FAQ:
>  -how can I clean my garage's unpainted concrete floor (remove oil stains)?
>  -how can I clean the floor well enough to paint it?
>  -what kind of paint do you recommend?
>
>Thanks a lot in advance!

>   Gaetan

Gaetan,
 The most recommended cleaner and paint prep is TSP. tri-sodium phosphate.
 Available at all paint and supply stores.
 Of course, phosphates are no longer PC so I would imaging there is a
newer substance out by now. It's been a lot of years since I painted a floor.
 I did however, paint my porch. I used acrylic enamel "porch and floor"
paint. This was last Summer and it seems to be holding up well. 3 coats
sealed it well.
 The only problem with a painted garage floor is it sure gets sliipery
when a little oil spills.
Best Regards,
Tony
###