Re: Micrometers and Dial indicators

To: mwehland@grayfox.svs.com (Matt Wehland)
Subject: Re: Micrometers and Dial indicators
From: Brian Kelley <bkelley@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 17:12:01 EDT
> Well I'm looking into measurement devices for the car.  The car is a 95
> Mustang GT and future projects include changing the rear gear, porting
> heads, degreeing the camshaft, checking runout of rotors and such.
> I know that I want
> -Dial indicator
> -Dial indicator stand
> -Inside & Outside Micrometers
> -Good protective cases for these tools
>
> What are some good brands, good stores, and what else should I get are far
> as accessories and sizes?

You can get a very decent dial indicator and base for $40.  That's quite
a value, compared to most things in life.

Get a free copy of the MSC catalog.  It's about 4000 or 6000 pages:

MSC Industrial Supply           machine tools, cutters          09/92
151 Sunnyside Boulevard
Plainview, LI NY 11803-1592
800-888-7270

  Brian