wiring stuff

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: wiring stuff
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 00:22:00 +0000
 My wiring addition is almost done.  I ran out of wire about midnight
Friday night; for some reason all the hardware stores are closed...

 I added 5 110v outlets along the east wall, one extra 220v socket, and
three four-wire, three phase sockets wired over to the phase convertor,
which is under the lathe bench.  Grainger wants $27 each for the four
wire sockets, yow!  But with the flow bench, tire balancer, and one
milling machine 3 phase already, I gotta have 'em.  I'll probably
convert the vertical mill back to three phase when I get around to it.

 Also added more air pipe and three more 1/2 NPT fittings for more air
chucks.  I now have two air chucks on the north wall, five on the west
wall, and three on the east wall.

 While I was at it I mounted a big high-efficiency amber "street light"
lamp on the front of the shop and a little twin-bulb exterior fixture
around the corner to light up the dark spot in front of the storage
shed.  More wiring on those.

 This has turned into a major operation since the sheet rock had to come
down along most of the east wall.  It was attached with drywall screws
and painted, no mud, so it came off with no trouble.  Unfortunately, the
entire wall was lined with *stuff*, which had to be moved.  There was a
lot of it, and some it it was heavy.  There's also not a whole lot of
space to shuffle the stuff off into since the rest of the shop is also
filled with *stuff*.  Almost all the *stuff* is tools, which is nice,
but somehow I keep getting bigger and bigger tools, and they do get in
the way when they're not in use...

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==