BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Matt Liggett <mliggett@pob

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 03:41:02 -0400
     Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 11:56:36 -0400
     Subject: Workbench advice?
     From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>

I just moved into a [rented] house with a 2-car garage.  I'll probably be
in this house for 2 or 3 years, so I want to install a decent workbench in
it.  I'd like anyone's reccomendations on building compact work areas.
Materials selection, design reccomendations, minimum dimensions would all
be very helpful.

It will probably go in a corner and will probably include both
countertop-height and a desktop-height sections.  This is so I can either
bang on parts standing up or sit down and dissect a carb or whatever.

The work I do is mainly on my '70 Midget, but also a '74 Bronco (fixing up
to sell), '89 Saab 900, occasional motorcycles and a little electronics
work.

Storage areas will probably also be part of this project or will be added
later.

--
                  Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>
                     http://pobox.com/~mliggett/