Re: Painting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:21:28 -0400
>Try oven cleaner on a small section. It will take off the paint; the
>question is whether or not it will damage the aluminum.

Actually, I'm not sure oven cleaner will take of paint; I use it to clean
circuit boards all the time-it cleans all organic materials off, andcluding
any writing/ink that is not silk screened on.  doesn't hurt any of the
aluminum (or carbon, or painted) surfaces/items.

Paint stripper shouldn't hurt aluminum, anybody else know differntly?

Scott M Ryan