Re: Oven Cleaner

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oven Cleaner
From: GGORMAN@dsava.com (Gorman, George)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:10 EST
Les:

I normally put it on engine cold, then warm up engine.  Let sit a couple of
hours. Hose off.  Usually need a scrubby to get in tight places though (don't
forget rubber gloves).  Oh, and if its left on too long, it will eat paint and
hoses so it's best used if you're going to repaint the engine anyway.  If
you're concerned about shiney and rubber parts in your engine bay, mask them
off first.  Otherwise, I handle this just like Gunk or other engine cleaners.

George
<< But I have yet to find anything that degreases engines better than oven
 cleaner.  Haven't tried it on aluminum heads though.  Anyone got anything
 better? >>

Do you "pre-heat"the engine before useing?
Does it hose off with water?

Les.
Team APEX