Welder

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Welder
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 16:31:06 +0000
I am in the process of deciding which small welding unit to purchase
for minor welding work during my frame-off restoration.  Anticipate
mainly body sheet metal work, with an occasional frame patch & repair.

Has anyone used the "Mini-Mite" welder available from Eastwood's (and
others)?  It's a small 115v. arc welder that also has a stitch welder
attachment for doing light gage sheetmetal work.  Or, what's your
experience with the small gas-less wire feed units (MIG-type)?

The bottom line is:  I want to do most of the welding myself, I need
the ability to do light gage material, and I don't want to spend over
$250.

Any help out there?

Martin Libhart
Wichita, KS