garage heaters

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: garage heaters
From: Brian Haskett <haskett@applink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 10:37:52 -0600 (CST)
There was a thread earlier in the year about shop heaters, but this
thread focused mostly on those in the Frigid North.

I live in Dallas, Texas, and I'd like to get a portable heater to make my
garage toasty in the winter when I work out there.  It really doesn't get
below the 30's here.  One consideration is that I don't want to have to
wait forever for the garage to warm up.  I've seen those double-burner
things that attach to a propane tank and pump out 28k BTU's.  They are
reasonable priced at about $80.  Would this be sufficient ?  My main
concern with these is that because they aren't forced-air, it might take
a long time to warm things up.

-thanks
Brian