RE: FREON TANK TO AIR CONVERSION

To: Roy P Otto <rotto@JUNO.COM>
Subject: RE: FREON TANK TO AIR CONVERSION
From: Bruce Wentzel <76752.3101@compuserve.com>
Date: 15 Nov 96 08:03:23 EST
>Is anyone familar with converting disposable freon tanks to portable air
>tanks?  Are these tanks safe for this use?  How much air pressure can
>they safely hold?

Before I converted these I checked into this and was told that these tanks need
to be caplble of handling 300 psi for a full load of Freon in hot and high sun
load conditions.  The only drawback to them is the limited volume.  If you can
retain the shutoff valve it is beneficial since most of those cheao conversion
kits will leak off your air supply over time.

Bruce