Re: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Richard Ge

To: shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu, Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Richard Ge
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 96 13:06:09 pst

I don't have any direct info on this or any other units.

>From the Los Angeles Times Newspaper (12/30/96):

They indicate that Lincoln has a hefty Law suit problem at this time. The
litigants (a large Southern Calif. Hospital) is claiming that Lincoln was
negligent in manufacture of a welding product (a sheilded welding wire
electrode) and as a consequence all the welds in the hospital's structure
are defective.  This was due to investigation of welds after Jan 17
earthquake in Los Angeles.

The problem is that this electrode is the standard wire used by
MANY contractors.

Everyone is blaming everyone else.  The Engineers say the welders didn't
do an adequate job- The welders say the engineers don't know "welding"-
Lincoln says -Forces of Nature are beyound their control.

a "