Re: Leak-down test

To: keithka@microsoft.com
Subject: Re: Leak-down test
From: andertonm@JUNO.COM (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 23:03:03 EST

It's been a long time since I did one of these, but I do recall that
unless the piston was dead on TDC, the pressure would cause the engine
to turn over.  Personally, I never do compression test or leak-down tests
because they always tell you something you didn't want to hear.  I
recall my results were very disappointing, but the car ran well and
still does.  Tell us how yours turns out.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)