Fw: LEAK DOWN TEST

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: LEAK DOWN TEST
From: "Simon Young & Heidi Millton-Young" <Mothra@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 20:26:16 +1100
----------
: From: Simon Young & Heidi Millton-Young <Mothra@onaustralia.com.au>
: To: rex.burkheimer@chrysalis.org
: Subject: Re: LEAK DOWN TEST
: Date: Friday, 10 January 1997 9:21
:
: Hi Rex, sorry I couldn't get through to you direct
:       The rig runs (from supply end)
:               supply-regulator-gauge-shutoff-coupler to cyl.
:       Close shutoff
:       Set pressure to 100 with regulator
:       Connect to cyl.
:       Open shutoff
:       The reading will change right away so no more than a couple of seconds
:is necessary.  Keep checking the 100psi setting between tests it can fluctuate
:as your compressor kicks in or other shop tools are used.  If you can't get
:100psi lower is OK you just have to do the math to arrive at the % leak
:       (pressure difference/original pressure)*100
:
:        I'm all for making the process as idiot resistant as possible hence
:the 100psi. Hope this helps.
:
:       Simon
: