Re: I know it is probably an old question but . . .

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: I know it is probably an old question but . . .
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 97 10:13:00 pst

What I've done in buying good tools:

Standard type sockets...Craftsman.
     Sockets and socket wrenches I use all the time--snap-on.

     I go to pawn shops with cash and find fair deals

     i.e. Snap-on/blue-point used tools (rebuildable..)

     Most pawn shops have a list of routine customers that are looking
     for tools.  i.e. as soon as some tool or group of tools is available
     the pawn shop will go down their list and try to sell the lot..They
     are not interested in the tool just the money.

     I have asked pawn shops to put me on this list..but, I don't have the
     clout.

     Good Luck.