RTV adhesive. sealant

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RTV adhesive. sealant
From: "Charles B. Andes" <cbandes@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:22:39 +0000
Gentlemen: Just like to share a discovery which I use a lot now for
various applications.

The Permatex (Loctite) Black Silicone adhesive/sealant gives a very
strong bond for separated pieces, cures to a rubber like solid even when
 a good size. It helps to put a damp cloth nearby to cure faster and
harder. A wet finger can smooth the surface nicely. It even molds into a
shape for further use. I have used it as an adhesive, repairing rubber
molding, as a rubber bond on fender flares for example.

As with any adhesive, a clean surface is necessary. Acetone is one of
the best cleaners for adhesives if the materials will tolerate it.

Hope this info helps someone.

Does anyone wish to share experience with other like products, good or
bad?

Regards,
Chuck
W7MDE