Re: Metrinch Tools

To: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl), Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Metrinch Tools
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:15:18 -0500
At 02:09 PM 2/1/97 -0500, Bill Sohl wrote:

> My personal opinion is, at least for the regular type sockets and
> wrenches, to go with Craftsman.  They are guaranteed for life, you
> have available replacements everywhere a Sears store is located and
> they are more than adequate for us part time hobbyist mechanics.

I agree!  Most of my stuff is Craftsman.  However, if you are looking
for something to keep in your car, the Metrinch set isn't too bad.
All the SAE and metric and in a nice small case.

> My first set of craftsman tools was a 3/8 drive with ratchets.
> Cost at the time was something like $19.99.

I remember the same thing.  I was about 17 and saw an Industro 3/8"
drive socket set in the autoparts store for $19.95.  I looked at
that set for well over 2 months before I finally bought it.  It cost
me a weeks salary!!!!

This is still my workhorse.  I use it all the time.  The 3/8" fits
places the 1/2" drive won't and is less likely to break a bolt.
When things get real tough, I break out the Heavy duty 1/2" drive
impact wrench.  I've never lost or broken a part of this Industro
set.  Several times, I've thought I'd lost a socket and felt like
someone had hurt one of my kids.  That old socket set has performed
admirably for 30+ years also.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!