Re: Hydrofluoric Acid

To: The Honjos <fm7m-hnjy@asahi-net.or.jp>
Subject: Re: Hydrofluoric Acid
From: Kelley Mascher <mascher@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:38:33 -0800 (PST)
Hydroflouric acid is used in extremely dilute concentrations as a
rust remover. It used to be quite common in bathroom rust removers.
There was a big discussion about this on the metalworking newsgroup
about a year ago. Some people can become completely hysterical about
it.

The bottom line is the dilute form in these cleaners won't hurt you,
but don't get any on you just the same.

I just noticed you're posting from Japan. The only knowledge I have
about HF acid is in U.S. products.

Kelley Mascher                                            (206) 528-2713
Children's Hospital & Med. Center               mascher@u.washington.edu
Audiology Research                              Seattle, Washington USA