Re: Fire extinguishers

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Fire extinguishers
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:45:50 -0800
Brian Evans wrote:

> Read in the MAY 97 Circle Track magazine that halon is not really banned,
> you just can't make more of it.  It seems that at least one manufacturer of
> race car fire systems (check the mag.) is still using halon, but getting it
> from recyclers, which is legal.  The article also discusses several bio-safe
> alternatives designed for car/engine use.

This is quite true, but it seems to me that one should only a buy a
Halon system now as an absolute necessity to race, since the future
supply of Halon is very limited. When I checked on this for one of our
customers, I was told that the only authorized production is for
military use, and that the supply of reclaimed Halon is expected to last
for only 15-18 more months. Non-military production ceased some time
ago, so....
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....