Re: Plasma cutters

To: Stuart MacMillan <stuart@cobaltgroup.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plasma cutters
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:03:54 -0400
At 05:02 PM 4/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>After seeing the neat stuff you can do with a plasma cutter I want one.
>Maybe I can justify it to my wife if I can get her interested in metal
>sculpting!  Anybody out there know about these gizmos?  Are there any
>decent ones a hobbyist can afford?

Stuart,

   I've seen them and your are right.  They sure appear to be the cats meow.
The only econimical one I've seen was in Hemmings by Daytona Mig for about
$400-500.  The next closest one I've seen is about $1,000.

John  (never used one, but they sure look neat!!)

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire