Re: washing shop towels

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: washing shop towels
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:11:03 -0500
At Mon, 12 May 97 10:39:00 EST, "Burstein, Wayne M. x281" writes:
> I keep a bucket of water with LOTS of dish soap in the garage.  Used
> towels go into the bucket to soak until enough accumulate ( this
> also alleviates the risk of spontaneous combustion of solvent soaked
> rags).  When it is time to do the laundry, I dump the bucket into
> the washer, fill with hot water, and keep adding laundry detergent
> until suds form.

When you dump the bucket contents into the washer, do you include all
the soapy/greasy water?  Seems like you'd want to leave out whatever
dissolved grease or particulate matter is in the bucket.  Thanks for
the tip!

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini
<URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/> |    '89 SAAB 900t SPG | '70 MG Midget