Fuel system cleaning

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel system cleaning
From: Bob Douglas <b-douglas@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:06:15 -0500
The electrical problems that parked a TR8 about six years ago have been sorted
out and I'm now dealing with the fuel and hydraulic problems expected in an
auto that has been sitting this long.  A shocker was that apparently the rear
end has to be dropped to get the tank out of this car.  So, I'm looking for
some alternatives:

      1.  Does anyone have any tricks for clearing old fuel deposits out of
tanks, lines, and/or carbs without having to remove them - some type
          solvent or detergent based tank wash, for example?

      2.  What can be done with the carbs (SUs) short of a total rebuild?

Thanks for any information or suggestions you can provide.

Regards,  Bob Douglas