Re: Sill replacement with Oxy-Acet, tec

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sill replacement with Oxy-Acet, tec
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:32:33 -0400
> From shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net Mon Jul  7 10:34 EDT 1997
> From: alexander.mclellan@eurocontrol.be (McLELLAN Alexander, DED/1)
>
> Trevor
>
> How about  renting a welder?
>
> Regards
>
> Alex.
>
>  ----------
> From: Trevor Boicey
> To: Aron Travis; shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Sill replacement with Oxy-Acet, tec
> Date: 07 July 1997 07:23
> [snip]
>
>   I am looking in a local catalog at a Lincoln weld-pak 100
> at $499CDN and $150CDN for the gas kit.
>
>   Comments? Opinions?
>
>  --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

I used that setup for the sills on my MGB and it worked quite well.
You will also need to purchase a tank, gas, and a mask.

You might want to check around a bit at local welding shops.  I
believe that Lincoln makes a comparable unit with the gas kit
already installed.

While you are there, check out the auto-darkening masks.  They
are a bit expensive, but will make your work easier.  I also think
they make your work somewhat safer since you are less likely to
accidentally trigger the welder with your mask up while setting up
in an tight spot.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net