Buying a metal lathe (tips)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buying a metal lathe (tips)
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 97 07:58:51 CDT
Other than the garage floor question (& no cooling ;-)
seems there are the request for information about what
to look for when buying a used metal lathe.

Fellow who runs Meridian Machinery has a nice little
guide at:

http://pw2.netcom.com/~mermac/Advice.html

Lots of good information in there. Hmm, only wish I had
asked the seller of my LeBLond to remove the chuck prior
to my purchase (good machine, only that chuck is jammed
on #$%^! tight). Oh well, good excuse for buying that
milling machine for other jobs.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX