Installation hints for car hoist

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installation hints for car hoist
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 10:11:00 -0500
-> I've just purchased a 4 yr. old Aamco 7-ton twin-post, above
-> ground car hoist for my home shop.  Being delivered on Monday.

 Swine.  See if I care.  My $35 Taiwan floor jack is just fine.  Just
fine...

-> I'm looking for inexpensive support items such as overhead reels for
-> grease, air and electrical drop cord (don't want to bother with

 An air chuck and quad outlet on each post would probably be just fine.
You might think about fabricating a tool tray to hang off one of the
arms (or tracks if it's that type), sheet metal or 1/4" plywood would
do.

 If it's an electric lift you're fine for cold weather.  For air-over-
hyraulic you need to use a drier in the air line and/or route your air
so it will be easy to drain any water out of the low spots.