Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine

To: mdporter@rt66.com
Subject: Re: WTB: Distributor Testing Machine
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:58:07 -0500
I attended one of John Twist's technical seminars  a couple of years ago.
 (For the uninitiated,  John Twist is a big MG guru in Michigan).  He has
one of these machines, a Sun, and demonstrated it for us. It sure made a
quick and easy way to test a distributor, as well to set up the points.
He said that his "tool man" (Snap-On or Mac distributor) got it for him
after John asked him to be on the lookout.  I'm not sure, but I think the
guy found it in one of the other garages he did business with.

John did say they were hard to come by.  Perhaps you can find one in an
older auto repair place.  I've gone to a lot of car swap meets and have
never seen one for sale.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX