Re: new toy

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: new toy
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 20:41:00 -0300
Eric,

        I whole heartdly agree with you on the safety equipment when using chain
saws, steel-toes shoes are NOT enough! The saw can slip off the steel toe
and go through your ankle or worse.
or don't use it! Take it from someone who knows.

Bob

(Happy to be walking again!)

At 12:16 PM 10/17/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Bob Hamilton writes:

>> Kelly and Others,

>>      Be really careful with these puppies as I have been using one for

>> over twenty years until this past April when it kicked on me and I removed

>> my big toe and half of the one next to it on my left foot. Not a good

>> experience - 12 days in hospital, infections, blood clots, etc. I now have

>> a left foot that I can place a right shoe on! Both my feet "slope" the same

>> way.

>Sorry to hear that.

>Steel-toe boot are a must when running a saw, as are

>saw chaps and eye protection.   Nothing like getting chips

>in your eyes just as you've made the final cut on a tree and

>you need to run to get out of its way.

>--

>Eric Murray  Chief Security Scientist  N*Able Technologies  www.nabletech.com

>(email:  ericm  at  lne.com   or   nabletech.com)          PGP keyid:E03F65E5

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada

The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954

Home Page: http://cast.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.html

E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net