Snap-on sales route - Available

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Snap-on sales route - Available
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 8:34:06 -0500
The topic of Snap-On reminds me that a local Snap-On route is available.
Our small twin-city area (Bryan/College Station, TX) has two Snap-On
dealers; one is a friend of mine (Kevin), the other I don't know, but he's
quitting the business to open up an automotive shop.

Here's the deal:  You get all the credit accounts that he's extended to
his customers, and you get all the debt that he's in to the Snap-On
company.  Except for the truck - he makes one more lease payment, and it
goes back to the Co.  You work out your own deal with them on a truck.
I have no idea how much getting into this would cost you.

You're on your own as far as insuring yourself and your family, etc.; it's
your business, you get out of it what you put into it.

Kevin says that he enjoys the work, but it's often long hours.  On the
other hand, he seems to have plenty of time to coach my son's baseball,
football, and soccer teams (yes, all at the same time).  He says the
biggest disadvantage of the work is the large numbers of real scumbags you
end up selling to.

Sure, I've always thought I'd like to do something like that.  (Sell Snap-
On, not work with scumbags!) But I keep thinking about those years I spent
in college and grad school...

Oh, I don't how good the money is, but the guy who is quitting saved up
enough to buy about 9 acres and build a large structure for his new
automotive shop - and it's paid for.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@cryogen.com                                      Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB                                 http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191