Re: Compression Test

To: LOGAN@yaleads.ycc.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Compression Test
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 06:09:34 -0600
Eric,

That is an interesting thought, but It brings up some other questions. Why
would the compression increase with the number of revolutions? I thought
the amount of compression was decided by how much pressure the rings and
valves could hold. If this is true then the pressure should build up and
stop at a certain point period. The other question is why does it need to
be more than one revolutions? Shouldn't one revolution give you the same
results? Each revolution the valves open and release the pressure. I do see
a jump in pressure and then as the engine turns it builds up higher. Is
this because of the exhaust stroke compared to the compression stroke of
the engine? Does the engine temperature make a difference on the
compression readings?

Thanks for the information and maybe you can answer some these additional
questions.

Ron Olds