Sand Blasters

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sand Blasters
From: "Galen I. Lutz" <LUTGI@eng1mail.learjet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 98 08:53:00 PST
I recently purchased an inexpensive bead blast cabinet to aid in the
body-off restoration of a Model A Ford.  I had planned to wire brush the
chassis components that are too big to get in the cabinet, but I am so
pleased with the bead blasting that I am considering purchasing a sand
blaster to do the frames, axles etal.  I notice there are at least two types
of "buckets":  one is open and the media is propelled by a siphon action at
the gun (like the blast cabinet).  The other seems to be a pressurized
bucket that I assume propells the media by pressure from the bucket.

What are the pro's and con's of these two systems?  Is my assessment of the
pressurized system correct?

galen.lutz@learjet.com

'28 Model A, '66 Mustang