Re: degrease

To: n.ny@intest.com
Subject: Re: degrease
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:12:51 EST

<< Does anybody have suggestions for what type of soap/solvent would be
 >best for say, cleaning the engine compartments of my cars or for
 >cleaning motorcycle engines?

I always spray the compartment as well as the underparts and anything
else--inside doors etc. with diesel and then blast the greasy things at the
carwash. This lubricates the choke cables,throttle linkage and such and
softens the thick stuff so that It will leave at the carwash. It also seeps
into the double walled panels where the rust developes and at least slows it.
If you need to mix a bit of gunk or other wetting agent in so it will work
better. I've been told one can use liquid soap with the diesel to good
effect(?) Michael  Toad Hall Collection