Re: Throttle spindle bushings

To: "Richard MacCormac" <r.m.j.m@btinternet.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Throttle spindle bushings
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 12:19:28 -0500
Richard, I have been a little intimidated by such a project myself and sent
them out. The big issue is reaming to two new bushing concentric to each
other. There is a specially made reamer for this that assure concentricity
by having a long pilot that goes clear through the carb and aligns in the
opposite hole. Somebody (I believe it is Winners Circle) sell this special
reamer, but the price is outrageous for doing only one job. My recollection
is that it is well over $100.

If you are exceptionally good with a reamer and exceptionally lucky, you
might be able to do it one bushing at a time.

GJB