Re: Battery Storage

To: tr6@pipeline.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Battery Storage
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:16:54 EST

<< Since I have started the restoration of the TD, the battery will not be
 required for a while (hopefully not more than two years). I was wondering
 if there is a good way to store the battery until I'm ready to use it?  I
 have heard that if they are not used for long periods of time they will
 develop problems and will not hold a charge. I would appreciate any
 information anyone might have on this subject.

 Thanks,
 Ron Olds  >>

2 years! Give away/sell the battery and buy a new one when/if the time comes.
An automatic charger would keep the battery in good shape, but is the battery
brand new now?
You say "(hopefully not more than two years)". That sounds more like 3 or 4 in
the real world. How much is a new battery?
BTDT.

Les.