Re: What's your favorite vise?

To: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What's your favorite vise?
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:05:58 -0800
You need to anchor the legs of your bench ot the floor. Make up
some pieces of angle and insert anchors into the floor. Bolt
the angle down. Mix up some bondo and stick it under the leg; while
it's setting up, bolt the leg to the angle.

Now you've got the equivalent to a post vise on your bench. It's
better if you have the vise mounted directly over a leg that's
as big as the base of your vise; I'll be looking for an 8x8 Doug Fir #1
bridge pier when I build my next bench, to support my 4" wilton.