Re: metal finishes

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>, "shop talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: metal finishes
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 05:10:34 -0600
A friendly gunsmith or gunsmith catalog could help you . . . there
are various "blueing" methods available and some processes do not
require tanks or heat . . . Also, some steels,  when heated to red
hot and then allowed to cool or quinched in oil or water can turn a
pretty blue.  You'll lose the "heat treat" strength in the process,
however, so one would only do it to non-critical bolts.
Tony