Anti-Sieze

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Anti-Sieze
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 17:38:08 -0400
At 01:30 PM 5/1/98 -0700, Heather & Joe Way wrote:
>I've been holding my tongue (fingers?) on this so far, but am finally
>compelled to comment. I am a *serious* user of Loctite products (some I
>buy by the liter) and of antiseize
      ... Snip ...

I think those Loctite fumes must be getting to you if you
can't tell the difference between your fingers and tongue !

>  .... snip    So in any application where heat or water is likely
> to cause long-term problems, I use anti-seize with an
> appropriate reduction in torque values.

I have always assumed that torque values are given for bolts etc.
that have oil on the threads.   Is that not correct ?   What sort of
an adjustment is needed for antisieze compounds ?
Please educate me !

Regards  Nils
Yardley,  PA
59(100-6)  69XKE  72/73MGB  52MGTD